Thursday, August 21, 2003

I'm back at Purdue University and the first thing that strikes you is that it's still bloody hot. It was like 88 degrees Fahrenheit here today. Which translates to roughly 33 degrees Celsius. The strange thing is every one is still wearing jeans and t-shirts... Damn. Oh well, maybe people will realise that it's not necessary to wear so much clothing tomorrow. Hehez.

The registering for classes is really hectic. Probably cos I waited till the last minute to do this stuff but i was rushing around campus the whole day. And the academic advisors are not very in-tuned with the GCE A levels and what they entail. So a caveat for anyone who's trying to go there. Be prepared to argue and whine. A lot. I still have to take a couple of test-outs tomorrow but looking at the testing syllabus I think I'm gonna fail. Polar Co-ords anyone? Or Power Series? Mother.

There is chinese food around my hall though. And it's a buffet spread. Woah. Went there for lunch and i was exploding (again... yeah yeah) when i came out. Well, at least i won't go hungry here.

I just opened a checking account here and received my very first cheque book. Woah. I'm scared to write a cheque. But it's pretty cool eh? Haha.

Anyway, on to the best part of the day. No. of phone no/email addresses gotten: 1. Yes i know it's not much, but it's a start. Better than just chatting huh. Haha. And she's a chem engineer as well, from HC. w00tz. Haha. I can sleep happy tonight. =)

No comments: