Sunday, July 31, 2005

Last Day of Internet Access from Home

Well, writing the damn poster took less time than I expected, leaving me free yet again to post something.

Well, as of my writing, it's another 98 hours before I reach home. Provided of course that there's no flight delay or anything out of schedule. And boy am I excited. In fact, this conversation was the result of that excitement:

C: excited abt comgin back?
Zueig. 99 Hrs!!: u see the countdown?
(breaking with tradition, I show my full nick for effect)
C: yup
Zueig. 98 Hrs!!: see it change?

I'm just sitting around waiting for tomorrow to come so I can go and print the poster and go settle some stuff with my future housing company. So in the meantime, you'll have to bear with some of my thoughts.

1. Insanity is thy name indeed. I think Mark Cuban has some really insightful thoughts about technology and how it affects the world around us. What makes it even more interesting is that he's a multi-millionare and he has the same grouse as a college student.

2. So much pressure. Aiyah says not to be asleep when I return. But it will be 1am in the morning!! Well, I guess I'll still go and look for something to eat first, before sleeping anyways.

3. Spam, who doesn't hate it. But people over here have managed to turn it into a source of chuckles. Good going guys. Even though I don't understand some of the jokes.

4. Speaking of jokes, again from strategypage.com, Murphy's Law as applied to combat. It's long (over 100 points) but it's really funny if you understand them. Some good ones:
A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.
Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
If the enemy is within range, so are you.
Any ship can be a minesweeper . . . once.

And,
If you need an officer in a hurry take a nap.

Haha. All I can say is ORD LOH!! So good riddance to all that.

Now I have 20 more minutes before the time becomes 97 hours. Can't wait.

No comments: