Saturday, July 30, 2005

Adventures in Moving

Well, it seems that I have a little resting time tonight. I've moved most of my stuff, my project will be reviewed tomorrow and the rental company isn't open till Monday. So I'll just say a little about the moving of my (and Ms Ball's) stuff.

First and foremost, a great big THANK YOU to BSK Hwang for helping move and letting dump my stuff at her place. I think I don't have that much stuff. 2 car trips were sufficient in moving most of my stuff. The only thing that couldn't fit into the car was my chair. All in all, pretty uneventful. Except that I was a little late and got scolded.

And that leads to the 2nd part of my story. To move the bigger stuff in the apartment like tables, chairs and mattresses, we (me and my roomate)rented a U-Haul. A 14-foot U-haul. Speaking as someone who's more used to driving a small sized car, that's quite a change. Sitting in the driver's seat, you get quite a sense of power. I mean, short of driving a Hummer, what other vehicle can actually ram another car and probably still be able to operate normally? But the steering on that thing sucked eggs. I was afraid to go above 35mph as the thing tend to go to the right and there was no power steering. I totalled 28 miles in that thing. and it was a real driving challenge.

But that's only half of the tale. The less taxing half actually. Moving the stuff was another matter altogether. Since we are subleasing this summer apartment, we had to move the original tenants stuff as well. And boy, is that some stuff. My roommate's original tenant had like 548306 boxes and 1 metal desk to move and some (ESPECIALLY the desk) of them were really heavy too. I really pitied him. Since we were moving in the afternoon, I got a tan from doing all that stuff. And now I think I have the flu. Ugh.

Okie some random stuff now.

1. Hinduism in a (sexual) nutshell. No offence to any religious people out there. It's a joke mmm'kay.

2. From the lovable Asian-Eskimo with questionable sexual preferences, what WWII might have been, if it were a Real Time Strategy game. If you don't play any online games, it might be hard to catch the jokes.

3. Who's heard of Pilsner beer? I didn't, at least until I found this. Good stuff yeah, that beer. If it can do what it can do in that game, I'm getting myself a lifetime supply.

P.S - For the first time in this summer, we have commercial water in our house. Just a note. Sure beats drinking (filtered) tap water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you are pretty brave to drink the filtered tap water. doesn't it test weird to you compare to the commercial water? every time before you drink the filtered tap water b/c think of the wabash river first.

"heavy metal posioned mei is here"