Saturday, May 21, 2005

Just came back from my 10 day tour of NYC, Boston and Chicago. Still unpacking my place. Just taking an after-dinner break.

Some quick observations for now:

1. AMTRAK is like a cheap whore. It sucks a lot. I left Chicago at 8pm last night, but reached the Lafayette Station only at around 130am today. That's a FIVE AND A HALF HOUR journey. By comparision, flying from Chicago to Indianapolis is around 90 minutes, the Greyhound will take around 4 hours from Chicago to Lafayette. Gods...

2. Museums take FOREVER to tour. One a day is just about right. There is just too much stuff to see at a leisurely pace to rush through. (Even if you don't really understand half of the works displayed)

3. NYC rocks. Boston and Chicago were so tame in comparision. Almost boring.

4. It was great to see old friends again. Now that people are actually graduating, I might not have many chances to meet up with them again. (This will take up another post by itself)

5. I'm sad that my exchange friends have left for good.

6. I'm doing fine Mr Pimp. Thanks for asking. =) See you when you come back.

No comments: