Sunday, April 10, 2005

I never really realised how crazy some people can get over webcomics. I'm a regular reader of webcomics since they're free and usually gag comics (which I prefer over action/drama comics).

I just went to the website of a semi-famous(or perhaps infamous) webcomic artiste and realised that he, in a fit of anger (and irrationality), basically threatened his readers to solve his own problems if they (the readers) wanted to see new comics on his website. His problem being mainly that there was another artiste that was using (so claimed the insane webcomic) his style and character base and who (the other artiste) refused to acknowledge his (the crazy dude) work and remove the "copied" comics. I can't properly describe this. It's too blown out of proportion. Just msg me if you are interested.

I was dumbstruck. It's one of the most insane things I've ever heard. How can an author/producer/artist hurt his own fan base by essentially forcing them to do his dirty bidding? If the crazy dude actually carries out his threat and stop updating (next comic is due Mon, 11th Apr), I would just hang around to watch the drama.

Like they say, "Truth is stranger than fiction". TNT ain't got SHIT on this one.

No comments: