Monday, July 07, 2008

Movie Reviews!

So, I just went to California and spent a whole week for vacation. And it was FANTASTIC. Even though the Lakers couldn't win the Celtics, the weather was still gorgeous, the people still handsome and the food was oh so mouthwatering.

I don't have many pictures with me right now as I really relied on other people's cameras alot but I did see 3 movies in that one week. So instead of talking about my vacation, I'll talk about movies.

The first movie I watched was Kung Fun Panda. From Dreamworks.

It's an animated comedy about furries who know kung fu. If that idea appeals to you, go and watch it. If not, then you might want to watch it for the various movie stars who voice this show. Jack Black and many others do a good job of giving their characters life. It is believable that if the actors were animals themselves, they would symbolize the animals that they voice. So go and watch it. If not for what I said already, at least to hear the secret of Mr Ping's secret noodle soup. The one thing I didn't like about the movie was that even though it did not have the gestalt-ish movie movement in most children shows (e.g. power rangers), the ending of the movie was pretty lame.

The 2nd movie I watched was Wanted.

It's a movie loosely based on the graphic novel of the same name. And it's a good summer movie. No depth of thought, lots of action scenes, nifty special effects and Angelina Jolie. ANGELINA JOLIE. HOW CAN YOU NOT WATCH ANGELINA JOLIE?! That said, if you don't really like action films or want something deeper like A Beautiful Mind (or, if you like, The Cube) you might want to pass on this one. But then again, ANGELINA JOLIE! ZOMG!

W.A.L.L.E (I don't know how to do that circle font thingy).


It's G.O.O.D. If you like robots, who can have a romance, and when the guy speaks like 20 variations of the 3 words throughout the whole movie. If you don't like that, I would say go watch it if you have nothing better to do. It's a touching movie and although the story meanders somewhat, the animation is top notch and the crazy robots will make you smile. If you were considering between W.A.L.L.E and Kung Fu Panda though, I would say go for the practitioners of furry fury.

That's it for now. I will update more when I get the pics.

No comments: