Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The common folk always pay...

I was reading a couple of articles about the current financial crisis in the US and the over-riding message I'm getting is that if you are in the IB (Investment Banking) world, you get to play dice with other people's money. You rarely rarely lose.

Take big risks and win, you get a fat bonus, take big risks and lose, you lose other people's money AND get bailed out by the government to boot! (which then increases the taxpayers' burden!!)

It's really quite depressing for me. Where is the justice?? Thank god I don't have a family of my own else the burden on me would be even greater. We pay cos the government has to lower rates to encourage spending/borrowing and that leads to my savings giving a measly 2% return and the fixed deposits doing even shittier. I want to invest in the stock market but everything seems to be on the downturn and in-flux. I need to do more research but how I wonder.

To lighten the mood of this rant, I am posting NBA Superstar Dwight Howard's audition for the host of the (ESPN) ESPYs.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die

No comments: