Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bad Travel Day

So yesterday, I left the job site at 6.30am EST to travel 220 miles back to my office. I reach the office at around 9am and then I get a phone call from my boss, informing me that there was trouble at the job site. Great.

So at 11am CST, I drive the 220 miles BACK to the job site to investigate what happened. Turned out that the troubles occurred at 4am EST. If they had called me BEFORE I LEFT, it would have saved me 6 hours and about 500 miles on my car...

And to top it off, when I was leaving last night (for the last time), I traveled about 35 miles before realising I HAD LEFT MY INVESTIGATION NOTES AT THE JOB SITE. So that added another hour to my travels.

Grand total travel distance yesterday - 3x220 + 2*35 = 730 miles
Total time spent on the road - 8 hours
Total (waking) time spent in a plant/at home/at office ~ 6 hrs.

What a bad travel day...

No comments: