Monday, July 24, 2006

Mistress of the Universe! WHAZA?

Astute and toy collectible readers might recognise the pun on He-Man's tagline back in the day.

Anyways, the Miss Universe Pagent just crowned Miss Puerto Rico as 2006's ideal combination of beauty and smarts (female category). I really didn't even know that the pagent was held recently, but I remember what people said about Miss Singapore when she was elected. Well, I don't think she's pretty at all but lets give props to someone who dares to parade herself dressed like this.
Apparently this is our NATIONAL COSTUME. Whazzup with that? I think she looks like a reject from Swamp Thing tryouts (Floral Edition). The little orchids along the sides of her legs especially make her seem like a walking plant. I guess the Singaporean side figured that since she wasn't going to win anyway, why not try to win the "Miss Botanical" award...

Well at least that wasn't the weirdest national costume outfit.
She's all ready to kick ass I see.
I guess the warrior woman theme is in this year.

Haha I could make snide remarks all day long about the pictures, but at least they are pretty and smart (by the organizers standards anyway). I'm just smart. Hehe. Last Miss Universe thing for today, check out this video done for the Jay Leno show. Hilarious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should probably start working on prettiness then =) I'll sponsor the lipstick and blush HAHA.

Anonymous said...

That video... hilarious!

PS: anonymouse doesn't allow me to see the pic for the word verification! thank goodness i'm smart ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha runs in the family I guess.