Monday, September 12, 2005

Cos there's no time like the present

Well, it's been awhile since my last post and I figured that since this is gonna be another hectic week, I'd better post now while I still have the time.

1st of all, pics are still coming up. I'm in the process of getting them from my various sources and compiling so please be a little more patient. Well, maybe you guys will have to be a bit more than "little".

2nd, Boston was great. Free lodging, free travel and almost free meals too. The only caveat is that when you take free miles for travel, be prepared for screw ups. I left at 1130am but reached my hotel only at 1030pm at night. The direct flight from Indy to Boston is only 2.5 hours so you guys can just imagine how much waiting/transfer I had. Also, my return flight to Indy was at 6am in the morning. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night at the hotel. BUT at least I had a chance to eat fresh seafood. That's not something I can say very often over here. Had a chance to meet up with my cuz and Ms Turtle Lover too. It was nice to see a familar face over there and great to catch up.

To Ms TL: Don't worry too much lah. Things will be okie. 3.97 GPAs don't fall from the sky.

Incidentally, I heard a new reply to the commonly asked question "How's it going?". I guess this reply is rare cos alot of people will be lying if they answered "Living the dream." I overhead this conversation between 2 pilots walking in the airport.

Lastly, today was a day of funnies. The first funny was by Susi. In reference to people in a certain student organisation, he said they looked like nice people, but are actually assholes. Asked to justify his statement, he replied "There's a guy there who works in physics and seems to like his job. Anyone who works in physics and likes his job is an asshole." His audience couldn't stop laughing for a full 60 seconds. The second funny is courtesy of Ms Ball. Her methodology on How to Cope with Homework was pretty amusing, but I guess she spent more time doing that than actually doing homework tonight.

I'm gonna bathe and carry on searching for cars. So that the bad vibes from Ms BSK don't kill me. Till next time, cheers.

No comments: