Saturday, September 06, 2003

Quick note to everybody, I was trying to receive a file from Derrick (the handsome VP of the PSSA, btw) when i realised something. File transfers are waaaaay quicker via MSN than IC. The transfer rate via ICQ was like 60kb/s (and bear in mind this is a intra-dorm transfer on a LAN connection). WTH?? 60kb/s?? A ninja turtle could finish of the whole FOOT organisation (ah.. nostalgia) before my file transfer finished. BUT, when I tried the transfer the same file via MSN, the transfer rate jumped ten times to 680kb/s. TEN times. woah. So now, I can watch LOTR:TT by tonight. By continuation of that thought, I can get busted a happy college student. =)

So morale of the story boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, use MSN messenger for file transfers but shove it to William H Gates every other time.

No comments: