Sunday, May 20, 2007

One for the Road

I just can't enough of traveling it seems. After (finally) finishing with one job last week (Friday), I'm going to another job site 600 miles away this time.

But before I go (leaving at 6am tomorrow), I'm gonna say a few things.

1. It's really the end of an era for the Champions of Excellence as I know them to be. No longer will I hear the cross hallway shouting of explicits during late night Dota Extravaganzas. No longer will I be able to meet most of my friends around a table in the middle of the room and eat/steal other people's potluck food. I will miss those good times (not to mention times when people make a fool of themselves reciting the alphabets).

2. Shrek 3 is a refreshing change from the previous 2 in my opinion. It's not a straight parody of fairy tales anymore and instead tries a different kind of plot instead of just playing off stereotypes. There are definitely less jokes about fairy tales this time and more action/drama elements. I think the best of the trilogy was the first Shrek, but I doubt people will regret spending $8 to watch this.

3. STARCRAFT TWO!! If that didn't sink in, I'm repeating it again. S-T-A-R-C-R-A-F-T 2!! I wonder how many people who have forsaken gaming for other things like "life" or "significant other" will find themselves struggling with that pledge to stay clean from gaming after the release date for SC2 is out.

Ok, see you guys next time from Far Far Away...

No comments: