Thursday, May 03, 2007

陈奕讯's "ADMIT IT" is a relaxing album

Comcast is screwing up my internet, I'm too nervous to follow the Mavs-Warriors game, so I need an avenue to vent. I'm kinda late in adding my $0.02 to this issue, but I think that perhaps an apt analogy would be that governance of a country is like a brain. Even though it contains 2% of the body's mass, the brain demands 20% of the oxygen, and hence the blood supply, that a body receives. I learnt that from Bodyworks. It was too expensive but kinda cool to see innards of a human being put on display.

But anyways, as I attempt to ramble to my point, which is that this arrangement works during normal situations. However, when the body exerts itself, it will reduce oxygen flow to other parts of the body while maintaining the same amount of oxygen to the brain. Hence you get anaerobic reactions when you exercise. A bit of anaerobic metabolism isn't a bad thing. It's a sign of a body at work which would be better (in the long run) than a body at rest. However, when the brain (in one of those mind over body instances) "wills" the body past its limit, the body generates too much anaerobic byproducts that could cause a total system failure. Which means that sometimes when the brain pushes the body to hard, the brain gets bitten in it's metaphorical ass.

I don't think there's a real point in that analogy. But I thought it was interesting. And the Mavs are down 8 at halftime. WTF IS WRONG YOU GUYS?!?!

No comments: