Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Early Morning Post

Because I was supposed to do this last night but was too tired...

Recently, I was asked by a supervisor a question about how gas flow changes with pressure. He just popped by my desk and said (and this is verbatim),"Process engineer extraordinaire, help me with this." I had 2 immediate reactions to that. The first was "Huh?" and the second was "Oh F*ck"... In the end, we googled that problem together and decided that DBoyle's Law (P1V1=P2V2) could be used to approximate the solution. But that sequence of events got me thinking about how far I've come in the last 6 months or so.

When I first started work, there wasn't any office space or cubicle for me. So I had to work on the conference table in the middle of my division. I also didn't have a phone, so when I needed to call people (vendors, colleagues) I had to "hijack" someone else's equipment. I was in that situation for about 3 months. In all fairness, I was given a laptop straight from the getgo. So I didn't have to deal with moving any desktop equipment. Then I was assigned my own desk in the division as spaces had opened up due to a office space re-shuffle. Shortly after that, I was given my own phone. So I could plead for help/information from colleagues/vendors at my own desk. And then, I even managed to "appropriate" an LCD screen from a colleague. So I was the only new guy with dual screens. Which is damn convenient when you want to compare spreadsheets. And now, I've been asked to help out in questions. So I guess my position is starting to get firmly established. That's kinda nice but I hope that I can still remember my stuff when I get called upon again the next time...

And now, I have a series of videos to show. The first is by someone from Muar, Malaysia (like you Bang). It's a pretty cool homemade piece of rap. Not very SFW as there's foul language (of the dialect sort).


The next video is DEFINITELY NSFW. It's by Dj Ozma, a japanese group that performed at the NHK 2007 New Year's special. Very very controversial performance. But I'm sure more than 1/2 my readers will enjoy it. In some form or another.


And finally, this is the same song, but done to an Anime theme. It was just hilarious to me. And I don't even know what anime this is either.

Enjoy.

Edit - Correct that error in Pa-jiaoness. Kudos to Ah Seng.

No comments: