Monday, March 12, 2007

Before I get accused of Neglect...

Thankfully, it's the holiday/exam period for most of my readers now. So I don't think they're too pre-occupied with my lack of updates recently. But for the rest of you guys...

How much do I miss home already? Let me count the ways.

1. The family
2. The friends
3. The attempted hook-up
4. The food
5. The feeling of knowing all the jokes and local lingo

Still, I guess that not being home means that I get to enjoy cool weather 6 months a year, get to scold people in whatever dialect I choose with impunity and perhaps most important try to get into position to go home, but with an expat's pay.

Anyways, spring is finally around the corner. The day is noticeable longer now and daylight savings has kicked in. 3 weeks earlier than normal... So I have been robbed of an hour of my life 3 weeks earlier than normal. Not that I really care, since it signifies the start of nice weather (for awhile at least). Unfortunately, I am no longer living near a university campus. Hence I predict a distinct lack of females in short skirts... What a drag...

Oh well, maybe when I moved closer to downtown Chicago, I may be able to regal you, my dear readers, of my exploits. Or then again, maybe not. But all I can say is, "It's Spring Time for Hitler, and Germany!!!" Oh noes, aryanic references!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe will try harder next time. :P