Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Xmas Decadence...

So I hope everyone is enjoying/enjoyed their Xmas vacation. A couple of people I know are/were vacationing in rather exotic locations like Hawai and Kenya. A few others managed to get steals to vacation hot spots like New York and LA. As for me, since I have nobody to spend the money on but me, and nowhere to go but here, I decided to go on a shopping spree. And a makeover of my computer accessories.

So I have a new Garmin 350 Nuvi on the way. Hopefully this will cut down (significantly) all the desperate "Hello, do you have internet access?" calls some of my friends will be getting.

Also, now I've installed a wireless router in my house so that my bro (who lazes around the house all day long since he can't even drive...) can enjoy the internet without disturbing my surfing/gaming sessions. Setting the whole thing up was a lot easier than I imagined. And I just needed to make only 2 tech support calls in total. And Zee, I can now play Mario Kart DS on the Wifi. What's your friend code?

Lastly, I revamped my internet security since my Norton Suite, which was included in my Lenovo, expires in 2 days. I tried to purchase another year's license but the procedure was so confusing, I gave up and went hunting for freebies online instead. What I came up was the Comodo Firewall (free means free) and AVG Free Anti-Virus. The reviews look good and I'll update if they work okie or not.

So all in all, it wasn't a fantastically meaningful holiday but I'm not complaining. Any chance to rest while getting paid is a good time in my books.

May your New Year's Party be more happening than Christmas'. Party safe people!!

No comments: