Saturday, November 26, 2005

Post Holiday Musings

Well, the Thanksgiving holiday came and went just like that. But I have to say that it was fun. Even though I wasn't really feeling all that great on Tuesday and Wednesday. And hence have to work on Saturday and Sunday...But I finally have new pumps!!

So I rested a lot on those two days in order to be fully charged for Thursday's drive up to Illnois. Couple of things I noted during this shopping road trip:

1. Sheridan Road turns right at the hospital. Every time I go to see the Baha'i temple, I always miss that turning...

2. Walmart DOES NOT open on Thanksgiving... (8 people learnt this thanks to a certain commenter...)

3. The road is Boncosky, not Bobonsky.

4. If one wants to hide (potentially embarrassing) baby photos, one should do it oneself.

5. Always, always get to the post-Thanksgiving sale early. No matter how early you go, there will be people who are crazier and slept earlier than you.

6. Shopping in an outdoor mall in winter means a lot of shivering and popping into shops just to avoid the cold.

7. BSK is a determined and tactical shopper. A veritable well of shopping knowledge. (she also knows a lot more about my car than myself.)

8. Snow can REALLY accumulated in only 1 hour.

9. Driving in snow entails driving below the legal speed limit.

10. Driving in snow ensures a car wash the next day.


P.S. -
My shopping dividends for the whole trip:
1x adidas sneaker
1x reebok pumps
6x low cut reebok socks
6x atheletic reebok socks
1x reebok small duffel bag
1x nautica fleece
1x nautica long sleeve T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! wat did u buy!??