Saturday, May 01, 2010

Musings

The weather up here can be beautiful at times. I like the vast expanse of sky, sun and clouds. It's one of the nice things to see whenever I travel to the less populated areas out here.

It's easy to see why people have the urge to eat ice cream in weather like this.

Another interesting thing to see when I travel is the 'exotic' names that some of these small towns have. I think this is the 'best' name I've yet to see in the 3 years of travel I've had.

I pity any child that has/had to grow up in this town.

Lastly, the weather here is ridiculously windy. Apparently, it gets up to 40 mph in the winter. I can't imagine trying to work in the open fields with that kind of elemental force battering you all the time. I'm glad that I'm here in late spring and not winter.

For metric users, that's about 40 to 50 km/h...

No comments: