Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Story in Pictures

So I was down in Utah for my friend's wedding this weekend. It's a very nice place, Utah, but it's kinda slow on Sundays. But still, I flew in on Saturday for the wedding, and managed to spend Sunday morning before my flight exploring Salt Lake City. So it was an eventful weekend.

I didn't manage to attend the wedding proper as it was held the day before I reached Utah, but I was there for the ring ceremony and the reception. So my pictures only tell the story of the ring ceremony.


So the setting is fixed, a backyard at someone's nice. A gazebo. Cool. Now we just need a bride and a groom.
The groom appears first. I wonder how sweaty are his palms now?
The ring bearer shows up and, for a moment, steals the show. Isn't she adorable?
Here comes the bride, all dressed in white! With her dad in tow, she was the most beautiful lady that day.
"Thank you for this wonderful lady sir! I promise I will do my very best to take care of her!"

So now the I/C says a few words about the bride and groom and tries not to reveal all the embaressing moments at one shot. He's saving it for the reception later...



The exchanging of "rings". I don't know why it's called a ring ceremony if the couple is exchanging wedding bands. The groom goes first.
Very nice.


Now it's the bride's turn.
Hmm, seems like there's a NG moment here. The groom must have fat fingers. It seriously took about 2 minutes to get the wedding band on. Oh well, if that's the only hiccup they have, they're lucky.

Awwww.

So with the wedding bands exchanged, the couple gets a round of applause from the attendees. They look really good together don't they?
And then they leave. I forsee a bright and happy future for these lucky people. May they always find peace, joy and love with each other.

I have other pics of the event, but they're uploaded in the my picture album. Go check them out. There are 2 sets, "Nat's Wedding" and "Life in Pics".

2 comments:

Ken said...

hey great entry... can really follow the happenings tt day

Anonymous said...

Tq. This was just the ring ceremony, but I figured it was the best part.