Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 02 of 52 Review

So, after the first 2 weeks of the year, how are my resolutions holding up? Let's review.

1. Lose 2 lbs per month.
a. Weight - There's a problem here in accuracy of the scale. I read 225 but I think it's dubious as weight varies according to the time of day I measure. But I'll call it maintain for now.
b. Exercise - I have been more or less exercising ~5x a week. A bit behind my ideals but still fairly consistent, considering I am not biking at home...
c. Diet - Smaller portions have been a challenge. Especially on weekends. Weekdays, I generally eat less as I can't be bothered to cook. But weekends... I gotta come up with something.

Overall Grade: 3/5. Still a work in progress, but consistency in execution is a start.

2. Manage my finances better
a. Budget - Fail. Have not set a budget. So there's nothing to adhere to. I will set one for Feb 09.
b. Investment - Some research done, now I need to identify which brokerage I would like to use.

Overall Grade: 2/5. Some effort done, but not enough.

3. Get out more
a. My mum just left and it was really cold this past weekend.

Overall Grade: N/A. Will have to wait till end of the month to re-evaluate. Weather has not been kind in Chicago to going out.

4. Career
a. Pilot plant - Learnt how to size conveyors, mixers and RVs
b. Costing - Starting to learn costing (^0.7 measure, ductwork)
c. Academics - Still haven't touched Thermo... Nor Heat Transfer... Fail

Overall Grade: 3/5. Learning Different stuff (Finally!) but still a ways to go.

Well, here's to more progress going on the year.

No comments: