Sunday, November 02, 2008

As the clock ticks down

So by this time tomorrow, I fully expect to be in bed with at least 3inches of sterile wrap around my knee. I'm going in for an ACL recon tomorrow morning, hopefully, this will be last time they cut up that knee again. 4 times before the age of 80 is 4 times too many already.

6 weeks in crutches means a shutdown in the holiday season. The forced inactivity whilst everyone else is planning parties or holidays... Ugh. You can't join your friends to ski, to celebrate Thanksgiving, to go bargain shopping, nothing at all. I plan to catch up on my manga, anime and learn VBasic for Excel macros. Maybe I'll try to record "Pai Ka" versions of songs and use the brace and crutches to gain sympathy viewership. Haha.

An operation is kinda like a paradigm shift in your lifestyle. One day you lead a normal life, where you won't think twice about bending down to pick up a quarter that has fallen down. The next day, you become bedridden and are advised not to shower for another 3 days(!).

Oh well, for all the inconveniences, at least I have my parents to help me along and if it means that I don't need to cut the knee open again, it will be a price I am willing to pay.

At least I have an excuse to stay home in the cold and sleep in when it's snowing outside. Haha.

No comments: