Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolutions

So I'm waiting for my car to do its 25,000 mile service and what better time to do my New Years Resolution(s) than now?

I think my keyword this year will be ACTION. That is, take concrete steps towards goals and not put things off. I wonder how long before I start procrastinating this year though, in spite of this decision. Haha.

Anyways, here is the list of things I want to do. And a little bit of how I'm going to do it.

1. Learn about investing. By reading Investing for Dummies (1-2 hours per week, till end of Feb) and then researching online. Via some online brokerage that I've yet to research.

2. Learn about VBA. By reading VBA for Dummies and writing my own code (1-2 hours per week, till forever).

3. Learn how to do barre chords properly and get the Em to Bm transition smoothed out. Then I can play 恋爱 ING better. Learn Fukai Mori by Do As Infinity (have to practice).

4. Improve Japanese by watching 1-2 hours of drama per week. Currently watching Security Police, which is pretty good and reminds me of the Ambler Warning.

5. Sign up for a gym when I come back from vacation in Feb.

Now I just realised that the stupid morons at Lenovo have, by reimaging my hard drive, wiped out my wireless card software. Which I will have to re-download and reinstall. Gods... I will not taint this feel good post with vulgarities but gods!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot one more thing:

6. Trash your Lenovo and get a new laptop.

Mei

Anonymous said...

Sore ha iwanakuttemo atarimae jyan.