Thursday, June 28, 2007

More Moving Appendum

So I'm moving my stuff bit by bit over time and I've come to the realization that moving heavy stuff after dinner is not really the best of ideas... I was moving a book-filled box (NEVER, NEVER, EVER[!!] FILL A BOX WITH JUST BOOKS) into my apartment today after a sumptious Vietnamese dinner. In accordance with Murphy's Law, all doors were locked, all elevators were on the furtherest floor and the there was no one around to help me open doors. I thus lugged/kicked/dragged/pushed this 20Kg Box the 500 feet or so from my car to the apartment. Upon reaching my apartment, I promptly felt like visiting the bathroom. Note to self, move big boxes BEFORE eating...

Anyways, I think I can move everything I have left in one more trip, so that's good news. Gonna enlist the help of my colleague and his truck to move the big stuff. That's even better news.

Kinda nervous about going to work tomorrow. I believe that since I'm going against traffic, it should only take me about 45-50 minutes to travel the 45 miles or so to work. I'm kinda betting my late nights on this hypothesis. Else I'm gonna have to wake up at 6am everyday. Which is even worse than secondary school... and jc... and army... and university... Which would suck. A lot.

Oh well, we'll see if I can get to work on time tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i doubt it was only 20kg - you'd be surprised how much books really weigh.

Anonymous said...

probably. but i didn't want to be accused of hyperbole.

Anonymous said...

so... did you get to work on time today? =)

Anonymous said...

yes. yes i did. 40 minute drive.

Anonymous said...

worse than army? army was 5.30am. uni is 12pm =D

Zu31G said...

Haha, not my army.