Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Lolxorz !1On3One1Ne

Why am I so jubliant? Well because I get to go home 1 day earlier than expected!! AWESOME. The plant was up and running today and everything went smoothly so the operators decided that we weren't needed anymore. That means I have 1 morning to enjoy the sights and sounds of town.

A few more things I've learnt (and I'm sure 99.9999999% of my readers will not understand this):

1. Explosion proof glass is a good training window, but that means your temperatures cannot rise above 250 degrees C.

2. I kinda know how 70& DS feels like already. Like damp sand. And 90% DS is dry sand.

3. Even if your VFD is of the right size, often times the ramp rate has to be damped to ensure the motor doesn't short itself out trying to draw too much power.

4. The hallmark of a good system is the ability to regulate the temperature and pressure without wild fluctuation.

5. Always factor in the obvious (i.e. accidental pressing of switches) during the planning of alarms and interlocks.

6. Ensure that equipment is assembled such that there is an easy cleaning method that preferably doesn't involve dismantling the whole damn thing.

7. There are air filters (when fully opened) the size of my comforter...

And so I shall leave you guys off with this singing commentator. Perhaps Kakak (if you come anymore) can leave a translation of what the guy is singing. But it's still hilarious as hell regardless of your understanding of spanish.

回家的感觉真爽!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Numbers 4, 5 & 6, I can vouch for... everything else I'm drawing a complete blank... o.O maybe when i finally get to see an air filter that big i'll let you know.

and i think kakak is too busy with her graduate assignments to have time for our lowly blogs anymore... haha. (kakak, if you see this, i was just joking, k?) =P

Anonymous said...

Haha. Different industry mah. You is chemicals, I is drying. But I think we is all engineers to appreciate the controls system.