Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Name that Word!

This is a lunch post so I gotta be quick. I was reading a article about FCC's ruling about a "vulgarity" but they never mentioned it so I'm opening it up to my readers.

It's apparently OK to say the S-word on TV — as long as it's on a program that the Federal Communications Commission says even faintly resembles a news show.

The FCC reversed itself Tuesday and deemed acceptable a Survivor contestant's use of the obscenity during an interview on a December 2004 episode of The Early Show on CBS. The contestant used a vulgar term for "smooth talker" to describe a fellow contestant on Survivor: Vanuatu.


So NAME THAT WORD!!

Edit- Turns out that article was misleading. The word in question was "bullshitter". Kudos to E.B.O.F. for that tip off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

== milkshake.


but then again, tht's not a profanity. So i think it's 'shit'.

Anonymous said...

Lol. I really couldn't figure that one out. To the extent of searching dictionary.com.. None of my co-workers could too. And I don't think it's shit. But I was thinking of that South Park episode too.

Anonymous said...

haha... you know what? I was pretty damn close. Read this:

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11019