Monday, September 11, 2006

A Tale of 3 Posts (Or How I'm Too Lazy To Split 3 Posts)

Okie, since I've blatantly stated the obvious in the title, without further ado, here's post #1.

Happy (Quite) Belated Birthday to #2. Sorry for the uber lag, I was quite caught up in other things. I belanjar you this weekend lah, when you come back.

Post #2: (It would have been fitting for #2's birthday to be this post, but I was late and... I digress) Had my first working lunch today. ZOMG. Started work as usual at 8 in the morning and around 10am, my immediate superior said,"We are having a meeting to discuss a client's work. Wanna come?" Whenever a superior says that, you know you're going to go to that said meeting. What choice did I have? Little did I know that that 10am meeting would only conclude at 3pm and my lunch time was spent in a conference room snacking on a corn beef sandwich. It was long to say the least and I doubt I even said more than 3 minutes worth of anything. On the plus side, I got a look at contractor-fabricator (or sub-contractor) negotiations and learnt a little more about the system I'm working with. Oh well, growing pains I guess.

Post #3: The (Thai) movie Tom Yum Goong is concentrate Uber Awesomenesstic ZOMG Juice. Go and see it if you've ever liked a Gong Fu flick at all. You will NOT Regret it. I remember watching martial arts movies when I was little and feeling the anguish of the protagonist of losing his wife/family/national treasure/honour and relishing every moment of the bad guy(s) suffering(s). I felt that same kind of feeling again watching this movie. And as a guy with a broken knee, I must say I kinda felt like learning martial arts again just to be as cool as him, although I suspect I need some kind of time machine to actually achieve said coolness. So in short, my movie review of Tom Yum Goong (The Protector in the US) is: GO WATCH IT. NOW. IF YOU EVER HAD TESTOSTERONE. SERIOUSLY. GO.


And those are the 3 posts of the day.

No comments: