Monday, September 18, 2006

Ramblings of an Insomniac

Well, not exactly, but it's 1240am and I can't sleep yet. So I'm here to note down some of the more interesting things that happened over the weekend.

1st off, here's a reminder, just in case some of you didn't notice - I'M WORKING ALREADY. This means no idle chitchat online 8-5, Mondays to Fridays. I say this because I had the following conversation last friday, at around 3pm...
Blur Cock:dota?
Me:WTF?
Yeah... So please, no more such requests. Although I have to admit, it was pretty amusing.

The 2nd thing was the traffic in Chicago. I went up to visit my brother over the weekend and traffic was truly murder. According to Google Maps, we're only 45 miles apart. Traveling at an average of 50 miles an hour, that's about 60-70 minutes of travel (give or take 10 mins or so). In reality, I took 90-100 minutes to travel that distance. The main culprits were the I-94 expressway (where for some insane reason, they shut down the "express" lanes so a 5 lane highway turned into a 2 lane 30mph zone) and Lake Shore Drive by Lake Michigan (there was a Celtic fest there and I travelled maybe 800 metres in 10 minutes). I hate Chicago traffic...

And the last event was on my way back home from Chicago, on that stretch of highway between Chicago and Northern Indiana, my dashboard indicated I was out of gas. It was the most nervewrecking 20 minute drive of my life. From the time I saw that indicator and the time I spotted a gas station sign. I had nightmares of being stranded in the middle of nowhere and having to call for friends to bring gas... Luckily, I had enough to make it to the nearest big town (Calmut City) and fill 'er up.

And so that concludes all the interesting things that happened this weekend. I'm going to try to sleep again...

P.S.
Happy Belated Birthday BSK!! May you get a job soon!!

P.P.S - Kudos to Kwong for pointing out my typo.

No comments: