Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A little break

So I'm doing my thesis defence tomorrow and I'm still working on the powerpoint slides (85%) completion. But instead of doing it right now, I'm taking the time to share this gem with my viewers. Cos it's such a classic.

Taken without permission from an anonymous source. Edited for spelling mistakes. The conversation was originally about Kup (a Generation 1 Transformer). Apparently, there are more meanings to "kup" than I thought.

Applying across cultural and social boundaries, taking a conversation btw an uncle and a Laydeeboi:

Uncle: Sa wa dee 'kup'!! Eh, u A 'kup', B 'kup' or C 'kup' ?? Can i 'kup' a feel?

Ladyboy: Can 'kup' my B 'kup', but 20000 baht, 'kup' koon 'kup'.

Uncle: WAH! 20000 baht for a 'kup' of B 'kup'! Might as well 'kum' lan! (Thus the introduction of a new term, 'kum')

Ladyboy: 'Kum' lan also can 'kup' at the same tum!

Etc etc etc. But it's just re-emphasising the point that 'kup' is a very
versatile word, even more so when used with 'kum'.

Okie, back to work...

No comments: