Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sports News

It might be a little too late to cash in on the Winter Olympics but here are a couple of sports links. I use the word sports very liberally here.

Curling is an olympic sport. How is it an olympic sport, I have no idea, cos to me, it just looks like a couple of people sweeping ice in front of a flattened bowling ball. But if that's the kind of thing that tickles you, try this. Puppy curling is the latest in curling evolution apparently.

I would think that to most people, scissors-paper-stone is a very basic and childish game. But apparently, there are international leagues that organise professional competitions. And they are now bitching about it. Crazy sports fans indeed.

Well, that's about it for all sports stuff today I guess. Now I have to go and tackle the problem of estimating the cost of a heat-exchanger by pulling magic numbers out of my ass and using equations that I see in the clouds...

No comments: