Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chicago Traffic is Horrible...

Or how I spent 3 hours traveling for a 15 minute transaction...

So I bought a pair of orthotic in-soles over the weekend to try to help my flat feet. Since I was bringing an acquaintance around town, I went to the factory outlet about 60 miles west of Chicago.

Turns out that the in-soles didn't fit my feet and I went back today to exchange them for a pair that did... 60 miles from my office, google maps says about 1 to 1.5 hours of travel. Like so.

However, when you account for traffic density, the actual journey becomes more like this.


Although, in all honesty, I think this is a better representation of what's going on.

I left my office at 5pm. Got there at 7:15pm... And then got home at 8:30pm. And the most irritating part is, on my way there, the traffic towards Chicago was light. Like maybe 1 car every 10-15 meters. And then on my way back to Chicago, it became 1 car every 3-4 meters... I love Chicago traffic...

No comments: