Monday, January 22, 2007

Laundry Power Rants...

Bears-Colts Superbowl!! I don't know who to root for, but I do suspect my neighbours might have been freaked out by the random cheering and hoots from a certain apartment in the estate when the Colts (FINALLY) made Bill Belichick suffer the "Disgusted & Stunned" syndrome when they rallied from 18 points down (21-3) to top the Patriots 34-38. Awesome game. But I can only confess to watching the 4th quarter only as I had semi-given up on Manning & Co when I saw the depressing 21-6 halftime score...

Now that I've gotten the good things out of the way, it's time to indulge in the title rant. The one really super thing about having a private washer/dryer in your apartment is that laundry NEVER goes missing. That sock that you thought got chewed up by the machines will turn up in the next load, you can probably afford a couple Mcdonald's Happy Meals with the loseloose change you can find during the once a month "check-the-washer/dryer" inspection. I had that luxury during my last year in college and I can honestly say that I really miss those good times...

On the flip side, now that I rent an apartment that has a common laundry facility, according to Murphy's Law, the rate of disappearing laundry is proportional to frequency of washing to the power of some yet to be determined constant... As a result, the MIA list of my laundry has been creeping at a more or less steady pace. However, today, when I did my laundry, those monsters consumed 2 socks (from 2 different matching pairs!). AT ONE SHOT!! I believe I will have to re-evaluate the constant in that equation. It seems to be a moving value, but I have insufficient data to make a concrete analysis.

What I do know is that I have to go and get more socks. Which really sucks on a day both teams you root for make the Superbowl... Argh...

No comments: