Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Travelling

So I'm back in Nebraska and the stuff is up and running. So that's good news. The bad news is the true pros who know the system inside and out are leaving this weekend. Which leaves the rookie, i.e. Me, to run the system with another engineer. Hopefully, we'll get all the bugs worked out before they leave tomorrow and Friday, but... I'm kinda doubtful. So No Pressure. Haha. Oh well, I guess I've gotta get a list of things that need to be looked at and just plug away. Just keep working.

其实,现在已经不是这么烦了。虽然客人还是不能让我们增加我们的生产力可是现在已经不是我们的问题了。哈哈。只省我们的100%的生产力的production run了。真希望那能顺利的进行。

Travelling here was quite an adventure. I went home over the weekend to tidy up some stuff and on my return, I was slated to fly from Chicago to Omaha and then take a puddle jumper to the Central Nebraska Regional Airport. I made my Chicago flight on time, but then due to delays, I was sitting on the tarmac for 1.5 hours... And so I missed my noon connection. The next flight out of Omaha was at 830pm. So my options were to wait for 7 hours (I arrived at 1pm) for the next flight or drive. I ended up renting a 1 way car and drove 3 hours to get here. So at one point in time yesterday, I had 3 car keys. One for a Corolla, one for a Grand Prix and one for a Piece of Shit. Seriously, that Kia Rio ('05 model) that I got was an underpowered, poorly engineering moving heap of junk. The windows were hand operated and could not be sealed properly. Whenever I exceeded 40 mph, the windows would start rattling in the wind and you could hear whistling from the windows. Also, the RPM exceeded 2000 when I went over 50 mph. I was truly amazed that the car survived the 160 mile journey. And I got so ripped off by the rental company. For a 1 way trip, it was $2 per mile AND they charged me $50 for that piece of shit. Sigh.

In other news, here's a super uber cool video of Transformers cosplay, complete with ACTUAL TRANSFORMING COSTUMES. OH MY GOD COOLZORZ!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you mean "poorly engineered".